Manchester United’s Winger Antony,Facing Sexual Violence Probe.
Pressure mounts Manchester United to take action against its star Antony who is now facing assault charges after her former girlfriend accused him of sexual violence.
Antony was dropped by Brazil earlier this week following the initial allegations made by former girlfriend, Gabriela Cavalin. Rayssa de Freitas claims she required hospital treatment after being assaulted by Antony and a woman in May 2022.
According to reports in various outlets, De Freitas reported the alleged incident to the Sao Paulo Civil Police.
Another woman, Ingrid Lana has claimed in a television interview she was pressured by Antony to have sex while on a business trip to England last year.
Lana alleged Antony invited her to his house and pushed her against a wall which led to her banging her head.
“He tried to have a relationship with me and I didn’t want to,” Lana claimed in the interview.
“He pushed me against the wall and I hit my head. My purpose was just business. Arriving there at his invitation, I realised he had ulterior motives.”she added.
Meanwhile Antony has appeared on Brazilian TV to deny the allegations of assault saying they are pure fabrications meant to tint his image adding that he has all proof that he has done nothing wrong.
Asked about Lana’s accusation, Antony said in the interview on Friday: “Negative. I’m 100 per cent certain that I never touched any woman. 100 per cent. I am certain.
“I will produce the proof and people will understand. They will see the truth. “Never. I never have and I never will.[Violence towards women] is totally wrong, 100 per cent wrong.I have a mother, a sister. I would never want this to happen to them.” He said.